The 2016 Aquidneck Island National Police Parade has announced the 33rd Annual Police Parade will be held on May 1, 2016 at 11:50 A.M.
This year’s event will be honoring the 123 Officers that lost their lives in the line of duty in 2015.
The Aquidneck Island National Police Parade has announced that this year’s event will include over 100 marching units with spectator favorites such as the Cathedral High School all girls marching band, the Boy Scouts of America Marching Band, The New York Police Departments world renowned Brass Band, Newport’s own Ancient Order of Hibernian’s as well as bagpipers from throughout New England and of course other family fun groups.
The Aquidneck Island National Police Parade encourages people to come out and pay your respect to the Concerns of Police Survivors who will also be participating once again this year.
The Parade will begin at 11:30 A.M. sharp in front of the Hampton Inn on West Main Rd with a small opening ceremony and a step off at 11:50 A.M. The parade will proceed southbound on West Main Rd into Newport and ends at the review stand located in Washington Square.
Delays should be expected along the parade route between 10:30 A.M. and 2:30 P.M. For more information please visit www.policeparade.org.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck