Gray Matter Marketing and the Newport Public Education Foundation will present the Newport Night Run, Newport’s only nighttime road race, on Friday, April 1.
This family-friendly event begins at 7:30 p.m., starts and finishes at Rogers High School, totaling 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) and is open to runners or walkers. Student priced registration is also available. Estimated attendance is expected to be between 600 and 700 participants.
“We are honored to once again partner with the Newport Public Education Foundation on this event,” says Matthew Gray, president of Gray Matter Marketing. “As a parent of two young children that will go through the Newport Public School system, it is especially satisfying to know our efforts will help my kids – and countless other children – here in my hometown.”
Gray is a graduate of Rogers High School class of 1998 and attended Underwood Elementary and Thompson Junior High School.
The Newport Night Run is the only nighttime road race held in Newport. Last year, more than 400 participants registered and more than $10,000 was raised for the NPEF. The event was moved from its previous February date to avoid inclement running conditions.
This year’s event is highlighted by a new course that will take runners on scenic newport streets such as Ocean Drive, Hazard Road, and Hammersmith Road. Newport Police will manage traffic at needed intersections.
For more information about the event, to register, or for sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.newportnightrun.com.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke