The Junior Company of Newport’s Island Moving Co. will present the charming new work, “Carnival of the Animals” at the Island Moving Co. studio on Sunday, February 14th at 2:30 and 3:30pm. The Island Moving Co. studios are on the second floor at 3 Charles Street off Washington Square in Newport, RI. The performances are part of Newport’s Winter Festival celebration. Tickets are $5 for one adult plus one child; $2 for each additional child; with $1 off for each button presented. Tickets are available at the Company’s website at www.islandmovingco.org.
The Junior Company is made up of dedicated young dancers who rehearse during January and February, presenting “Carnival of the Animals” at various community venues with a culminating performance on March 19th at Portsmouth High School. The “Carnival of the Animals” is a new production choreographed by Junior Company Director Christine Sandorfi. A Lion, 2 Hens, a Donkey, a Tortoise and other assorted creatures dance to music by Camille Saint-Saens in a production that lasts roughly a half hour. The Winter Festival presentation will be suitable for children of all ages and will include an opportunity to join the dancers in some dancing after the performance.
For more information about the Junior Company’s schedule and to purchase tickets to “Carnival of the Animals” visit www.islandmovingco.org.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend