The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) today announced that due to road repairs on the Mount Hope Bridge, it will necessitate the closing of both the eastbound and westbound lanes periodically during non-rush hour times 9am-3pm.
Construction on the bridge will continue through Saturday, October 31st.
Police details and civilian flaggers will be onsite to assist in directing traffic during construction as minor delays are expected. The Authority understands that doing construction on the Mt. Hope Bridge, which only has two lanes, is not ideal.
However, we want to ensure that the bridge is as safe as possible for all travelers and thanks everyone for their patience during this time of construction.
Members of the public can check bridge conditions and closures by contacting RITBA at 401-423-0800, check its website at www.ritba.org, on Twitter or on Facebook.
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more