Photo: La Méchante et le Connard will perform at newportFilm’s event Rough Point tonight.
Entering its 7th year, Newport BridgeFest is a local, live music and music education festival that “bridges” the gap between the prestigious Newport Folk and Jazz Festivals for a continuous 10 days of music in our community.
- 11 AM – 7 PM: BridgeFest Arts & Crafts Fair @ Trinity Church featuring food from Ben’s Chili Dogs, FREE samples from Orange Leaf Newport, music & shopping. Music by Amanda Cote, My Mother’s Moustache & Randy Robbins.
- 2 PM: Music In the Galleries feat. Kate Grana @ Bailey Art Gallery
- 3 PM: Redwood Library and Athenaeum Educational Event: Hands On Rhythm – A rhythm section presentation featuring members of Panoramic View, The Troubles and The Copacetics.
- 3 – 5 PM: Garden party featuring various artists at The Artful Lodger
- 6 – 8 PM: Celebrate Jazz @ Queen Anne Square with Unusual Business & Panoramic View Carribean Jazz Combo. Rain location: Jimmy’s Saloon.
- 6 – 10 PM: Busking @ Bowen’s featuring Monika Ambroziak & Steve Rivard (6 PM) & Holland Road (8 PM).
- 6:30 PM: Jazz Clambake at Newport Vineyards with Lois Vaughan Trio. $70
- 7:30 PM: Classical Stage @ St. Matthew’s in Jamestown featuring John Previdini.
- 7:30 PM: Brownie Speaks screening at Jane Pickens Theater. Live pre-film music University of Arts Graduate Jazz
- 8 PM: BridgeFest After Party featuring The Viennnagram, Viking Jesus & The Ocean Mic Allstars at The Motif Magazine Rock Stage @ Jimmy’s Saloon presented in conjunction with Narragansett Beer. 21+ event.
- 8:30 PM: newportFILM presents What Happened, Miss Simone? at Doris Duke’s Rough Point. Sug