Washington Square and Eisenhower Park have been transformed into Salem, Massachusetts for the filming of the Hocus Pocus sequel, Black Flame (a.k.a. Hocus Pocus 2).
Up until now, crews have been busy building the Sanderson Sisters’ home and setting up the scent for the 27th Annual Salem Scare Fest.
Filming is rumored to take place in Newport Monday, November 8 – Wednesday, November 10, Friday, November 12, and Monday, November 15 – Tuesday, November 16.
Other locations for filming are in include Lincoln, Providence, and East Providence.
The long-awaited sequel to the 1993 cult classic will debut on Disney+ in 2022.
This story will continue to be updated with new photos/posts.
Follow What’s Up Newp on Instagram for more photos and videos.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video