Actress, Broadway star, comedian, and author Melanie Chartoff joined What’s Up Newp for a live virtual video conversation on Friday, May 14 to discuss her new book, “Odd Woman Out: Exposure in Essays and Stories“, and her upcoming virtual appearance next week for two Rhode Island organizations.
Chartoff’s essays explore her own extraordinary life, and the many individuals with whom she has worked in more than four decades in show
Melanie is best known for characters she created on “Fridays,” “Seinfeld,” “Newhart”
Congregation Beth David and the Jewish Alliance of Greater R.I. will host an Evening with Melanie Chartoff on May 20 at 7 pm. Register for the event here.
More from What’s Up Newp
- What’s Up Newp Legislative Survey: Rep. Lauren Carson
- Jay Leno surprises Bit Players audience with a 30-minute set of stand-up comedy
- Gerry Goldstein: Holiday sweets, baked strictly by the numbers
- Buy Local “Six Picks” – Local Art and Gift shops
- Opinion: Bishop’s 4th Street Diner and the North End Urban Plan
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met