What’s Up Newp’s content is free to read, and always will be, but we rely on your support to keep it that way.
It takes just 30 seconds and you can choose the amount.
Actress, Broadway star, comedian, and author Melanie Chartoff joined What’s Up Newp for a live virtual video conversation on Friday, May 14 to discuss her new book, “Odd Woman Out: Exposure in Essays and Stories“, and her upcoming virtual appearance next week for two Rhode Island organizations.
Chartoff’s essays explore her own extraordinary life, and the many individuals with whom she has worked in more than four decades in show
Melanie is best known for characters she created on “Fridays,” “Seinfeld,” “Newhart”
Congregation Beth David and the Jewish Alliance of Greater R.I. will host an Evening with Melanie Chartoff on May 20 at 7 pm. Register for the event here.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Rhode Island Music Education Association: 20th Annual Rhode Island Honors Recital on June 27
- Obituary: Claire E. (Randall) Curtis
- Obituary: Marianne F. (Fitzgerald) Marley
- Forum Lodge awards scholarships to two Aquidneck Island high school graduates
- Robert Berry, rock musician and former member of Keith Emerson’s “3” joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual conversation on Monday
- Sax greats Abate and Moretti release new albums in 2021
- Easton’s Beach reopens for swimming
- Obituary: Anna Maria DeSousa
- Obituary: Manuel G. Moitoza, III
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “In the Heights”
- The Gamm Theatre Announces Auditions for Season 37 (2021-2022)
- Brian C. Jones: In case of emergency, don’t call me
- RIDOH and DEM are advising people to avoid contact with Almy Pond due to a blue-green algae
- Record Store Day returns Saturday, June 12th
- Newport Polo will host its annual Newport Cup on Saturday