In honor of Women’s History Month, the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce recently announced that it will recognize four honorees with a 2021 Women of Distinction award. The recipients represent countless impressive traits and a long list of accomplishments deserving of recognition, including community involvement, industry impact, and professional success.
The 2021 Women of Distinction are: Mary Beth Daigneault, Administrator, St. Clare Newport, Elizabeth Lynn, Executive Director, van Beuren Charitable Foundation, Nancy Piffard, Show Director, Newport International Boat Show/Newport Exhibition Group, and Debbie Proffitt, Vice President, DoD Operations and Business Development, Purvis Systems.
“Women’s History Month is the perfect time to celebrate women who are making a difference in Greater Newport. We are grateful for all they do for our community.” Erin Donovan-Boyle, Greater Newport Chamber Executive Director in a statement.
Virtual interviews with each honoree will be shared on the Chamber’s social media platforms, online blog, and Youtube channel. The first interview can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/P3YxL3K4tuc.
The 2021 Women of Distinction awards are sponsored by Greenvale Vineyards.
The Latest From WUN
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network