A new State-run vaccination site will be opening soon in Middletown ( at a former Benny’s) and in Woonsocket (at a former Sears) in the coming weeks.
The announcement was made today by Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott, Director of the Rhode Island Department of Health, during Rhode Island’s weekly COVID-19 Press Briefing.
The location in Middletown and Woonsocket join two other state-run sites in Rhode Island, located in Providence at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center and in Cranston at Sockanosset Cross Road.
Appointments for the Middletown and Woonsocket State-run sites will be available (when ready) at vaccinateri.org and by phone at 844-930-1779. Details of when the two additional state-run vaccine sites will open are to be announced.
Newport City Manager Joe Nicholson said during Newport City Council’s COVID-19 workshop this afternoon, that he expects the Middletown State-run site to “open on or about March 15”. The municipal pod operating at CCRI by the Town of Middletown and City of Newport will evaporate into the State-run site at Benny’s in Middletown around March 15. According to Nicholson, the Middletown State-run site will be open to all Rhode Island residents.
The Town of Middletown shared the following press release on Thursday evening.
Rhode Island has administered 225,551 total doses (160,090 first doses, 65,461 second doses) of the vaccine since December 14.
People who are 65 and older can now register to be vaccinated at State-run vaccination sites in Providence and Cranston, select CVS or Walgreens retail pharmacies, or through their city and town. For general information about COVID-19 vaccination in Rhode Island, visit C19vaccineRI.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13