Getting tested for COVID-19 just got a little easier in the City of Newport.
In support of the RIDOH’s effort to expand COVID-19 testing resources to Newport and the surrounding communities of Aquidneck Island and the East Bay, the RI National Guard, in coordination with the City of Newport and the Newport Housing Authority will be opening a Binax Now COVID-19 Rapid Test Site on Thursday, February 4th, 2021 at the Park Holm Senior Center in the City’s North End.
The site, which is located at 1 Eisenhower St. in Newport, is free to the all ages, and regular hours will be from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. The testing site will remain in operation until further notice. Parking is available on site and along Hillside Avenue.
The site is walk-in, with no appointment required. We ask that only asymptomatic persons visit the site.
Patrons will take a Binax Now Rapid Test under the direction of a RI National Guard service member, and receive their results on-site after a 15-20 minute wait. Results will be on a dated hardcopy as well as a digital entry in the RIDOH portal. The test is free to the public, and open to all ages. We do ask that parents accompany young children.”
In addition, the Binax Now Rapid test site at 21 Brown and Howard Wharf will also remain operational to serve the downtown area, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now