Due to increasing coronavirus cases in Rhode Island and new restrictions issued from Governor Gina Raimondo and the Rhode Island Department of Health, Salve Regina University has announced that beginning Monday, November 30 all classes and labs will be offered remotely for the remainder of the semester. Final exams will be offered remotely as well.
On Thursday, Governor Raimondo announced a two-week pause for Rhode Island, which includes the closure of in-person colleges and universities.
Residence halls at Salve Regina University will remain open for the remainder of the semester, and students who previously opted to remain on campus are able to stay if they so choose.
More from Salve…
Beginning Monday, Nov. 30
- All classes, labs and final exams will be offered remotely for the remainder of the semester.
- Residence halls will remain open for the remainder of the semester. Students who previously opted to remain on campus for Thanksgiving break are able to stay.
- Faculty who have bandwidth issues at home will have the option to teach remotely in their assigned classroom.
- Employees will telecommute whenever possible. (Details will be outlined in a follow-up message to faculty and staff.)
Hours for Thanksgiving Week (Nov. 23-29)
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Wednesday
- 7-10 p.m. Thursday
- 6-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- 2-10 p.m. Sunday
- 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday
- 8:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
- 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday
Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
- 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday
- 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday
- 6:30-9 p.m. Saturday
- 3:30-8:30 p.m. Sunday
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now