Hogan Associates today announced the November 9, 2020 sale of 2 Pond Avenue in Newport, a landmark mixed-use building adjacent to Equality Park. The building sold for $1,155,000. Jeff Brooks of Hogan Associates represented the Seller, and Chris Eyre of Hogan Associates represented the Buyer.
Adjacent to Equality Park, this mixed-use building is the home of The Nitro Bar, one of the busiest coffee shops in town, as well as two loft-style apartments on the second and third floors.
The property has been consistently well-maintained and is zoned General Business. With a bustling first floor shop and two residential units with a strong rental history, this is a remarkable opportunity to invest in the booming Broadway District.
“I always admired this building as it is such an iconic piece of Newport real estate,” said listing agent Jeff Brooks in a statement. “Having Chris Eyre from our brokerage bring in the buyer made for a smooth transaction, and we are pleased that the building will remain in good hands with the new owner.”
Audrey Finocchiaro from The Nitro Bar confirmed with What’s Up Newp that the coffee shop won’t be going anywhere, telling us “we’ll be there for the long haul”.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now