Hogan Associates today announced the October 2, 2020 sale of The Pen Craig Cottage, an elegant and tastefully updated estate, at 100 Harrison Avenue in Newport for $2,850,000.
Matt Hadfield of Hogan Associates represented the Buyers and Kristin Parella of Lila Delman represented the Sellers.
Originally built in 1890, The Pen Craig Cottage strikes the perfect balance of classic Newport elegance and modern luxury. Situated on 1.6 sun-drenched acres, surrounded by natural rock outcroppings and mature plantings, this estate offers luxurious privacy, yet is conveniently located close to nearby yacht clubs, Ocean Avenue beaches and downtown Newport. The impeccably maintained 6,289 square foot home boasts fireplaces in almost every room, a kitchen overlooking the sprawling lawn, a generous master bedroom wing, multiple porches, and original details throughout.
“It is hard to find the “full package” in Newport for a multi-generational second home that is equally inviting of indoor as it is of outdoor living, and is still walkable to town,” said buyer’s agent Matt Hadfield from Hogan Associates in a statement. “Covid 19 has certainly put a higher value on family time, and the buyers are thrilled to start making memories in their new home.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck