Rhode Island Commerce, in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health, today announced the launch of a new “Screen and Get Away” contest to promote symptom tracking and monitoring during the COVID-19 crisis.
“With just a few short steps, you can not only help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Rhode Island, but also win great prizes,” Rhode Island Commerce writes in a press release. A flyer with the contest details including eligibility and instructions can be found here.
From September 11 to September 25, Rhode Islanders over the age of 18 are encouraged to use the CRUSH COVID RI app and complete the Symptom Diary for seven consecutive days. Of those who meet the eligibility, three winners will be chosen at random.
To enter, participants must submit a screenshot of their completed symptom diaryhere. Only one submission is allowed per person. Deadline to enter is September 25.
Prizes: Three individual prizes for a one-night stay at a Providence hotel:
- The Dean Hotel
- Hotel Providence
- Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Contestants must be 18 years or older to participate and must be a Rhode Island resident to enter. Contestants must also be able to demonstrate seven days of continuous use of the health tracker in the CRUSH COVID app. The winner will be selected at random from eligible entries. No purchase is necessary. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply to hotel stays. Employees of the State of Rhode Island and Rhode Island Commerce are not eligible to win.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free