Rhode Island Commerce, in partnership with the Rhode Island Department of Health, today announced the launch of a new “Screen and Get Away” contest to promote symptom tracking and monitoring during the COVID-19 crisis.
“With just a few short steps, you can not only help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Rhode Island, but also win great prizes,” Rhode Island Commerce writes in a press release. A flyer with the contest details including eligibility and instructions can be found here.
From September 11 to September 25, Rhode Islanders over the age of 18 are encouraged to use the CRUSH COVID RI app and complete the Symptom Diary for seven consecutive days. Of those who meet the eligibility, three winners will be chosen at random.
To enter, participants must submit a screenshot of their completed symptom diaryhere. Only one submission is allowed per person. Deadline to enter is September 25.
Prizes: Three individual prizes for a one-night stay at a Providence hotel:
- The Dean Hotel
- Hotel Providence
- Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel
Contestants must be 18 years or older to participate and must be a Rhode Island resident to enter. Contestants must also be able to demonstrate seven days of continuous use of the health tracker in the CRUSH COVID app. The winner will be selected at random from eligible entries. No purchase is necessary. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply to hotel stays. Employees of the State of Rhode Island and Rhode Island Commerce are not eligible to win.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits