Experience the soul-lifting sounds of Mali in a live stream Thursday September 17th with Grammy winner Oumou Sangaré and master drummer Sidy Maiga. An outspoken activist for women’s rights, the “songbird of Wassoulou,” Oumou Sangaré raises her voice to build awareness for women’s issues in Africa and to inspire audiences worldwide to be stronger, together.
Teaming up with acclaimed djembefola Sidy Maiga and backed by a superb five-piece band, the two Malian masters introduce us to the passions behind their long-time collaboration, breaking boundaries and borders as they bring their music and message to the world.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond