Newport, RI – The Newport Historical Society Museum & Shop inside the Brick Market at 127 Thames Street, Newport, RI, is now holding open hours and is available by appointment.
The Museum & Shop will have open hours Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Ring the doorbell to be let in as state regulations only allow a small number of visitors at a time.
If you prefer to be in the Museum & Shop with only those of your group, call to book an appointment outside of those hours, 401-841-8770.
State regulations of staying six feet apart from those not in your “quaranteam” and face masks covering your nose and mouth are required.
The Shop website, www.shopnewporthistory.com is always available online! Shop for items you need to have a fun, Newport summer. Contactless pickup and shipping available. Follow @ShopNewportHistory on Instagram for deals and ideas.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits