Steven Van Zandt, a multi-platinum artist, producer, songwriter, actor, entrepreneur, and founder of the Rock and Roll Forever Foundation and its TeachRock arts integration program, will be holding a series of living-room style talks with special musical and celebrity guests and education heroes from those cities discussing music, education, and national issues.
Co-hosted by Drew Carey, The Little Steven TeachRock Roadshow premieres on Thursday July 16th from 8-9pm ET “in Cleveland,” and features songwriter and longtime Pat Benatar collaborator Neil Giraldo, legendary radio DJ Kid Leo, iconic music publisher Lance Freed, musicians Michael Stanley and Conya Doss, Hough Reads founder Rhonda Crowder and a reunion of Little Steven and young activists from the Columbus, OH Mosaic program.
Proceeds from and donations to the RoadShow series will benefit TeachRock, the nonprofit Rock and Roll Forever Foundation’s national K-12 curriculum initiative. TeachRock provides teachers with no-cost interdisciplinary, arts-driven materials and lesson plans designed to keep students engaged and in school. TeachRock lesson plans are used by more than 30,000 registered teachers in all 50 states and offer distance learning materials too.
To register for the Little Steven TeachRock Roadshow visit TeachRock.org/Roadshow. A donation to TeachRock is appreciated, but not required to view.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits