The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center today announced it’s June Mobile Food Pantry schedule. We’ve included the entire message and all information below;
Below please find the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center’s June Mobile Food Pantry schedule. Given the mass layoffs as of late, I believe it is pivotal for our community to be notified of these opportunities.
In addition, the MLK will be starting Veggie Days, our weekly distribution of fresh, local produce free of cost every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning June 18th. First come, first served. Attendees are reminded to social distance, wear face coverings, and bring their own bags.
We will also be hosting another community grab ‘n go meal in collaboration with McGraths Clambakes & Catering on Tuesday, June 16th from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This too is free of cost.
June Mobile Food Pantry:
The MLK Community Center’s Mobile Food Pantry is still on the road, bringing prebagged groceries, personal care items, frozen meat, eggs, and fresh produce to neighborhoods across Newport County. Newport County residents can get help every 14 days and don’t have to reside in the neighborhood the truck is visiting.
*Details subject to change & more dates TBA. Please visit our online calendar for the most up-to-date information: https://www.mlkccenter.org/calendar
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup