The arrival of Phase 3 of Reopening Rhode Island means that cinemas can now reopen.
Island Cinemas, located at 866 West Main Road in Middletown, has announced that they will reopen on Thursday, July 2nd.
The cinema does have a few new guidelines that it is asking the public to follow, the following was posted on their Facebook Page on Monday.
“As we prepare for our re-opening, we wanted to update you on our new policies and guidelines:
#1 face masks MUST BE worn before entering our facility and continue to be on in ALL common areas.
#2 we are socially distancing our lobby areas, please use our designated markers when lines are formed
#3 Our restrooms also have social distancing parameters in them
#4 To limit consumer interaction, we ask that you consider buying your ticket online at yourneighborhoodtheatre.com
Thank you for your support. Showtimes will be available for purchase Wednesday. We miss all of you”.
The cinema says it will post their film lineup shortly on their Facebook Page.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits