The Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project (RIMAP) will hold “Introduction to Marine Archaeology” 9a.m.-4p.m. on Saturday February 22, at its new artifact management facility on the campus of the Herreshoff Marine Museum.
The $100 fee includes 2020 RIMAP membership, and pre-registration is recommended. This class is required for all RIMAP fieldwork volunteers.
Topics include remote sensing, field methods, legal and ethical issues, field documentation, historical contexts, and RIMAP research protocols. The Instructor is Dr. Kathy Abbass, Principal Investigator for all RIMAP research, including RIMAP’s internationally acclaimed Endeavour project in Newport Harbor. RIMAP’s membership and training are open to the general public.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond