This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home. It has been republished with permission, for free, and ad free as a community service.
Ronald Cooper Bahnsen, Sr., 69, of Portsmouth, RI, lost his courageous battle with Acute Myeloid Leukemia on Thursday, November 7, 2019, at the Philip Hulitar Hospice Center in Providence, RI.
Born in Newport, RI on July 12, 1950, he was the son of the late Alfred H. and Deloris C. Bahnsen.
Ron retired from the Portsmouth School Department as a custodian working for many years at the Portsmouth High School and also was employed at Clements Market for a short time before learning of his illness.
He is survived by his two sons, Ronald Jr., of Danielson, CT, and Ryan, of Portsmouth, RI. He leaves his most cherished granddaughter, Jillian Bahnsen, of Fall River, MA. He also leaves his former wife and caregiver, Noreen Bahnsen. He was the brother of Myrna Perry (William) of Surprise, AZ, and Judith Decker (Kenneth) of Glostonbury, CT. He leaves two nephews and four nieces.
Donations in his memory may be made to the Portsmouth Fire Department, East Main Rd., Portsmouth RI, or to the Philip Hulitar Hospice Center, North Main St., Providence RI.
Ron requested that no services be held, however, please stop by his home at your convenience to share a memory with his family.
To send flowers to Ronald’s family, please visit our floral section.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free