Celebrate the Christmas season with Buddy The Elf, Clark Griswold, and The Nutcracker on the big screen of Jane Pickens Theater this December.
Along with their great regular programming, Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center will host the following three Christmas classics in December.
Cinema For A Cause: Elf – Sunday, December 8th at 1 pm
The Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center & Memorial Funeral Home will once again present Elf this Christmas season! This community event will benefit the MLK Community Center.
The only price of admission is a canned good (as much as you’d like to give). All donations will benefit local citizens. The Jane Pickens Theater and Event Center encourages those attending to arrive early for the solo afternoon showing which has become ever more popular as the event gains notice. Tickets and more info.
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – Wednesday, December 18th at 7:30 pm
We’re gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas! Save the date and join What’s Up Newp and Jane Pickens Theater & Event Center on December 18th for our National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Movie Party!
Bolshoi Ballet: The Nutcracker 2018 – Sunday, December 22nd at 12 pm
The Nutcracker invites audiences of all ages on a magical journey, through a world of enchantment, complete with dancing snowflakes and dolls that have come to life, accompanied by Tchaikovsky’s beloved score. The timeless holiday classic returns to the Bolshoi stage this December for a live broadcast. More Info & Tickets
For more information and a full schedule of events, visit www.janepickens.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates