On Sunday, October 27, 2019 Child & Family hosted their 36th Annual Taste of Newport, presented by Citizen’s Bank, at the Wyndham Newport at the Atlantic Resort. Through the generosity of corporate sponsors and donors, $120,000 was raised to support Child & Family programs.
For 153 years, Child & Family has served vulnerable children, at risk families and elders throughout Rhode Island. Keeping families safe and together is an important goal of every program and service they provide. Child & Family believes that individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all its members.
This year’s Taste focused on Child & Family’s Rhode Island Foster Care programs. These programs provide therapeutic support to youth who require additional resources to achieve success in the home, school, and community. Many foster youth experience emotional and behavioral challenges related to loss and trauma. Child & Family knows that supporting these youth in a consistent, supportive family setting is crucial to their success.
Child & Family Community Programs:
• Foster Care • Sandpipers Early Learning Center • Elder Services • Family Stabilization Services
• Residential Services for Children and Teens • Supportive Housing for Homeless Parent(s) with Children
Child & Family is grateful to their event donors, volunteers, committee members, restaurants, caterers, beverage vendors, and confectionaries that make Taste of Newport possible! Child & Family is also grateful for their corporate sponsors that support Child & Family programs year-round including: Citizen’s Bank, Centreville Bank Foundation, Brady Sullivan Properties, Affiliated Insurance Managers, Bowen’s Wharf Company, BankNewport, Regan Heating & Air Conditioning, Corrigan Financial, INC., PKF O’Connor Davies, Magellan Health, Secure Networks, Gustave White Sotheby’s, Hilb Group of New England, Family Service of Rhode Island, Newport Hospital, People’s Credit Union and all their community partners.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record