The Newport County Youth Chorus is welcoming new singers to join their next six-week program called “Celebrating the Season”. It is free to participate and no audition is necessary — just a love of singing! Classes begin the week of November 4.
Session 2 “Celebrating the Season” will feature music about the holidays in a variety of styles and languages. Participants will develop musical skills and experience how their unique voice positively affects our ensemble’s beautiful sound. All classes are led by teachers and musicians with over 25 years of combined experience.
Families of 2nd – 4th graders can choose the day and location that works best for them: Tuesdays, from 3:30 – 4:30 pm at the MLK Center (20 Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd, Newport) or Wednesdays from 5:00 – 6:00 pm at St. Mary’s Church (324 E Main Rd, Portsmouth). Visit the website www.newportsings.org/season for 2019 – 2020 session dates, themes and to register.
For more information about the chorus, please visit www.newportsings.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Plant City X opening a location in Warwick
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond