Fall is in the air and that means only one thing – it’s daffodil bulb planting time!
Once again, Daffodillion, the now Island-wide civic beautification campaign, will be providing free daffodil bulbs* at the following locations:
· The Broadway Street Fair from noon – 5pm, Saturday, October 12
· Easton’s Beach Rotunda from 9am – noon, Saturday, October 19
· The Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market from 9:00 – Noon, Saturday, October 26
*Until supplies last each day
The bulbs come packed two dozen to a bag, a retail value of over $15, along with instructions on planting.
“Daffodillion’s civic beautification campaign, planted its one millionth (!) daffodil this past fall, thanks to all who donated to purchase and plant bulbs during the past years,” said Project Director John Hirschboeck. “Everyone’s work this fall will yield a bounty of beauty next April – and for years to come.”
Let’s all go daffy!
For more information on Daffodillion, visit www.Daffodillion.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour