Fall is in the air and that means only one thing – it’s daffodil bulb planting time!
Once again, Daffodillion, the now Island-wide civic beautification campaign, will be providing free daffodil bulbs* at the following locations:
· The Broadway Street Fair from noon – 5pm, Saturday, October 12
· Easton’s Beach Rotunda from 9am – noon, Saturday, October 19
· The Middletown Aquidneck Growers Market from 9:00 – Noon, Saturday, October 26
*Until supplies last each day
The bulbs come packed two dozen to a bag, a retail value of over $15, along with instructions on planting.
“Daffodillion’s civic beautification campaign, planted its one millionth (!) daffodil this past fall, thanks to all who donated to purchase and plant bulbs during the past years,” said Project Director John Hirschboeck. “Everyone’s work this fall will yield a bounty of beauty next April – and for years to come.”
Let’s all go daffy!
For more information on Daffodillion, visit www.Daffodillion.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup