On Sunday, October 27, 2019 from 5 to 8PM Child & Family will host their 36th Annual Taste of Newport, present by Citizen’s Bank, at the Wyndham Newport at the Atlantic Resort.
For 153 years, Child & Family has served vulnerable children, at risk families and elders throughout Rhode Island. Family Preservation is an important goal of every program and service they provide. Child & Family believes that individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong families and that a community works best when it accepts responsibility for all its members.
Over the years, Child & Family says Taste has raised over $3.8 million dollars to support Child & Family programs.
“This year’s Taste will focus on Child & Family’s Rhode Island Foster Care programs. These programs provide therapeutic support to youth who require additional resources to achieve success in the home, school and community,” Child & Family says in a news release. “Many youth experience emotional and behavioral challenges related to loss and trauma. Child & Family knows that supporting these youth in a consistent, supportive family setting is crucial to their success”.
Child & Family provides the following Community Programs:
• Foster Care • Sandpipers Early Learning Center • Elder Services • Family Stabilization Services
• Residential Services for Children and Teens • Supportive Housing for Homeless Parent(s) with Children
“Child & Family invites the community to the BEST Cocktail Party of the Year! Guests will enjoy Savories, Sweets and Sips from the finest restaurants, caterers, beverage vendors and confectionaries throughout Rhode Island,” the nonprofit says in the release. “High end, luxury auction items will be available including owner’s seats to the Boston Celtics, a week’s stay in a villa in Tuscany, a week’s stay at Snake River Lodge & Spa in Wyoming and so much more”.
To learn more about the restaurants available at Taste, to purchase event tickets, or to learn more about auction items, please visit childandfamilyri.org or contact Jennifer Whelihan at 401.848.4141 or email@example.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise