The Aquidneck Singers is a new teen and adult women’s chorus on Aquidneck Island conducted by Elizabeth Woodhouse and accompanied by Melissa Woolverton, the team that also leads the Newport County Youth Chorus (www.newportsings.org).
The Aquidneck Singers will begin rehearsals on Tuesday, September 17. The chorus meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 7:00 pm at Common Fence Point Community Hall (933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth). The fee to join is $65 per semester, $20 for high school and college students. Scholarships are available.
The Aquidneck Singers learns and performs a variety of music including music from other cultures and in other languages, in diverse styles and from different time periods. Rehearsals are fun and engaging. Singers will have the opportunity to explore and develop their unique voice as well as learn skills to become more confident musicians. No matter what your previous musical experience and background, the Aquidneck Singers will allow you to grow and have fun doing it!
For more information about the chorus, visit www.newportsings.org.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic
- Town of Middletown: Preserving Paradise