Just in time for summer, it looks like 372 Thames Street, the previous of Archetype Pizza and Via Via, will have a new occupant.
“Lobster Roll Heaven/Il Forno Italian” has filed a victualing license application with the restaurant to open in the former long-time pizza parlor.
The application was filed by LRH, LLC of North Scituate, Rhode Island and signed by David Drake.
Drake tells What’sUpNewp that the left side will be offering pizza and some Italian cuisine, while the right side of the venue will have a Maine coastal cottage type of look and feel and will be serving up lobster rolls. Both sides will be offering counter service and will have an open floor plan.
Drake says the pizza side of the restaurant will be open first, hopefully by the end of June. The lobster roll side of the business will open a few short weeks after with the new look and feel.
Drake also owns Spike’s Junkyard Dogs, which has locations in Providence, Warwick, and in Massachusetts.
The application was filed with the city on May 6th and will go in front of Newport City Council at their next Regular Council Meeting, which is on May 22nd.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend