Gulf Stream Bar & Grille will be celebrating Fat Tuesday in true New Orleans style on Tuesday, March 5th, from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
At the waterfront restaurant in Portsmouth, customers will be able to enjoy themed drink and food specials, party favors, and live music from George Zecher on the steel drums!
Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, refers to events of the Carnival celebration, beginning on or after the Christian feasts of the Epiphany and culminating on the day before Ash Wednesday.
Other Upcoming Events
Other events coming soon to Gulf Stream include a Paint Night on March 16th at 4 pm, a Writing Party on March 23rd, and a Plant Night at 4 pm on March 30th.
For those who may be looking to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day without the Newport crowds, Gulf Stream will be offering traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner all St. Patrick’s Day weekend long (and they always have Guinness on tap).
Week Night Specials
- Monday – $6 Nachos Our house nachos topped with your choice of: debris, pulled pork, sauteed veggies or grilled chicken
- Tuesday – $2 Taco – One flour tortilla topped with your choice of grilled chicken, pulled pork, flank steak or veggies. Finished with pineapple salsa and avocado crema. Try one or try them all!
- Wednesday – Wine Down Wednesday $20 – Charcuterie board featuring three local cheeses, cured meats, crackers and olive tapenade. Served with two glasses of hour wine
- Thursday – Post Prohibition Thursday – The end of prohibition in 1933 marked a happy time and we are continuing the celebration with our $19.33 per person 3-course menu. Add a select bottle of wine for $19.33 or a Rum Runner for $3. (restrictions apply)
Gulf Stream Bar & Grille is open daily from 11 am to 9 pm and is located at 1 Lagoon Road in Portsmouth.
More from What's Up Newp
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)