The Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade is arguably one of the busiest days of the year in Newport, and there’s no secret that our city needs a pick-me-up when the crowds go home.
For the 9th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up! For the 5th consecutive year, What’sUpNewp will join Brick Alley Pub for the cleanup.
The cleanup will be held on Sunday, March 17th from 10 am to noon, the morning after the 63rd Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Over the last couple of years, volunteers have joined the Brick Alley Pub team to collect well over 800lbs of trash the morning following the parade.
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 10:00 am at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 12 pm.
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours, this is a great way fulfill.
Those who show up and help out will be rewarded with a $20 gift certificate for future use at Brick Alley Pub.
For more information on Brick Alley, visit www.brickalley.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free