This year was pivotal for us in many ways…
- We were named Best Local News Blog in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly Readers.
- We launched What’s Up Rhode Island (our statewide arts, entertainment and lifestyle site).
- We continue to grow, our team of contributors has doubled across the board and our website traffic and numbers across our of media channels have increased, and we’ve seen more reader engagement than ever before.
- What we do costs money, this year we launched a way that our readers and friends could support us. Believe us when we say it, you’re $5 goes a long way in helping us expand our coverage.
- We’ve made a difference in our community – whether that was to inform you of something that would have gone unnoticed, covered something that inspired you to act or ask questions, or by highlighting some of the great people and things that call this state home.
With more than one million page views in 2018, page view data gathered by Google Analytics shows these are the ten most-read What’sUpNewp stories in 2018.
- Electric Boat holding job fair as it seeks to hire 500 additional employees in 2018
- Jamestown woman wins $150,000 Powerball prize
- Via Via evicted, forced to close location on Lower Thames Street
- Daily deals, specials, and offers at Newport restaurants (Updated)
- Newport Folk Festival 2019 lineup announcements
- Filming for ‘Anastasia’ movie will take place in Newport beginning March 12th
- Mumford and Sons releases music video filmed at Jamestown’s Clingstone
- Owners of Rosemary & Thyme opening second restaurant in Newport, Rustica to open on…
- What’s happening at bars and restaurants before, during, and after the 2018 Newport Saint…
- Ragged Island Brewing Company to purchase and preserve Van Hof Nursery in Portsmouth