A Jamestown woman claimed the $150,000 winning Powerball Power Play ticket sold in Rhode Island for Saturday’s draw.
The woman’s winning ticket matched four numbers and the Powerball number to win $50,000. However, she purchased the Power Play feature, which multiplied her prize by 3, the Power Play number for that draw, to win $150,000.
She told Rhode Island Lottery officials that she went to the Cumberland Farms at 41 North Road in Jamestown to get milk and with her change, she purchased a Powerball Power Play ticket. She plans to book a trip to Ireland and pay bills with the remainder of her winnings.
The winning numbers were 08 12 13 19 27 Powerball 04 and Powerplay 3.
Saturday’s Powerball Jackpot was an estimated $687,800,000, winning tickets were sold in Iowa and New York.
A Lincoln man claimed a $40,000 “50x the Money” Instant Ticket top prize. He plans to treat his children to an “extra special” Christmas this year. Li’l General, 259 Front St., Lincoln, sold the winning ticket.
A Pawtucket man claimed a $26,248 Daily Numbers win from the October 27th Evening draw. He wagered $1 on five combo bets, $1 on a straight bet only, and $1 on a box bet only. He matched all four digits in the exact order they were drawn to win $25,000 on the straight bets, plus $1,248 for the box bets, equaling $26,248. He said he plays the winning number combination, 2 5 0 4, regularly. He plans to pay bills with his winnings. SAAD Food Mart, Inc., 1414 Newport Ave., Pawtucket, sold the winning tickets.
A Woonsocket man claimed a $25,000 Daily Numbers win from the October 25th Evening draw. He wagered $5 on a four-digit straight bet. He matched all four numbers in the exact order they were drawn to win $25,000. He said the winning number combination, 1 9 5 4, represents his birth year. He plans to pay bills with his winnings. Olde Smoke Shoppe, 130 Westminster St., Providence, sold the winning ticket.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million