Here’s what’s happening, new, and to do in and around Newport today.
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Tonight – Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Today –NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight –NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 39.9F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:00 am and sunset will be at 4:15 pm.
- The first low tide was at 12:57 am and the next low tide will be at 1:57 pm. The first high tide will be at 8:15 am and the next high tide at 8:35 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 1 day, lighting is 0%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For a full schedule of Christmas In Newport Events, click here.
- 9 am to 12:30 pm – Aquidneck Growers’ Market at Newport Vineyards
- 9 am to 2:30 pm – Holiday Drive Fill-A-Cruiser at Aquidneck Shopping Plaza
- 9:45 am – Seals, Birds and the History of Prudence Island
- 10 am – A Rough Point Holiday at Doris Duke’s Rough Point
- 10 am – Heatherwood’s Annual Holiday Bazaar
- 11 am – Holiday Open House at Redwood Library
- 11:45 am – SantaCon Newport 2018
- 1 pm to 4 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Orange Whip at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – W-Intermission, A Tasty Smorgasbord of Art at Coastal Contemporary Gallery
- 2 pm & 4:45 pm – Boy Erased at Jane Pickens Theater
- 6 pm to 8 pm – Holiday Evening at The Breakers
- 7 pm – Kill The Lights at Rodgers Recreation Center
- 7 pm – The Sweetback Sisters’ Country Christmas Sing-along Spectacular! at Portsmouth High School
- 7:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking for more more events, live music, or entertainment? Take a look at these stories…
- 50+ things to do in and around Newport this week
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)