Newport, RI – Here’s what’s up for this first day of December, have fun out there!
- Today – Sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable.
- Tonight – Rain, mainly after 10pm. Low around 38. Southeast wind 6 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Today –N winds around 5 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.
- Tonight –E winds around 5 kt, increasing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves around 2 ft. Rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 44.1F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:53 am and sunset will be at 4:16 pm.
- The first high tide was at 2:16 am and the next high tide will be at 2:41 pm. The first low tide will be at 8:53 am and the next low tide at 9:25 pm.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Crescent. Moon age is 23 days, lighting is 39%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
For the full calendar of Christmas In Newport events, visit www.christmasinnewport.org.
- 9 am to 12 pm – 18th Annual Lucy’s Hearth Designer Wreath & Bake Sale at Rotunda Ballroom
- 9 am to 12:30 pm – Pop Up Poster Sale at Jane Pickens Theater
- 9 am to 1 pm – Aquidneck Growers’ Market at Newport Vineyards
- 9 am to 4 pm – Rogers Boosters – Christmas Tree & Wreath Sale at IYRS
- 10 am – A Rough Point Holiday at Doris Duke’s Rough Point
- 10 am to 11 am – Newport Seal Tour with Save The Bay
- 10 am to 8 pm – Newport Holiday Stroll
- 1 pm – Silver Tea at Trinity Church
- 1 pm to 3 pm – Fall Open House at Sea Rose Montessori School Co-Op
- 1 pm to 4 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Chris Vaillancourt at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – Elliot: The Littlest Reindeer at Jane Pickens Theater
- 2 pm to 8 pm – Narragansett Creamery – beer and cheese sampling at Ragged Island Brewing
- 2:30 pm – 2nd Annual Caroling and Crafting at Emmanuel Church
- 4 pm to 8 pm – Bowen’s Wharf 48th Christmas Tree Lighting
- 4:45 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Official Opening of Christmas In Newport at Washington Square
- 6 pm – Festive Holiday Gathering at The Edward King House
- 6 pm – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 6 pm to 8 pm – Holiday Evening at The Breakers
- 7 pm – Seele Musicale – Flights of Fancy at Emmanuel Church
- 7:30 pm – A Star Is Born at Jane Pickens Theater
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
- 75+ things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)