Newport, RI – Looking ahead at what’s up for this Wednesday ahead in Newport, here’s what’s happening, new, and to do.
- Today – Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight – Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Northwest wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect through late tonight
- Today –W winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight –NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 45.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:50 am and sunset will be at 4:17 pm.
- The first low tide was at 4:21 am and the next low tide will be at 5:32 pm. The only high tide of the day will be at 11:40 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 23 days, lighting is 70%.
Calendar Of Events & Things To Do
- 11 am – A Doublewide, Texas Christmas at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 12 pm – Economic Update Luncheon: The Future of Work & the Blue Economy at Cambria Hotel
- 4 pm to 6 pm – The Newport Nutcracker at Rosecliff
- 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm to 8 pm – Taproom Tunes Weekly Music Series ft. AnamCara at Newport Vineyards
- 5 pm to 9 pm – Flight Night Wednesdays at Brix
- 6 pm to 9 pm – Open Figure Drawing Studio wi Wayne Quackenbush at Portsmouth Arts Guild
- 75+ things to do in and around Newport this week (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
- Newport County live music and entertainment listings (Nov. 27 – Dec. 3)
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic