Newport, RI – Here’s what’s happening on this Thursday in and around Newport.
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect from November 15, 04:00 PM EST until November 16, 01:00 AM EST
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Today – Rain likely, mainly after 5 pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 39. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog after 8pm. Low around 37. Breezy, with an east wind 13 to 18 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from this evening through Friday evening
- Today –NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less, then around 2 ft this afternoon. Rain likely, a chance of snow and sleet this afternoon.
- Tonight –E winds 15 to 20 kt, increasing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft. At the Bay entrance, waves around 6 ft, building to 9 ft after midnight. Patchy fog. Rain and sleet in the evening, then rain after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 45.0F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 6:35 am and sunset will be at 4:25 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:58 am and the next high tide will be at 1:15 pm. The first low tide was at 6:06 am and the next low tide will be at 7:17 pm.
- Today we have 9 hours and 50 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:30 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Crescent. Moon age is 7 days, lighting is 44%.
Things To Do
- 9 am – Job Fair at East Island Reserve
- 11 am – Sylvia at Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 4:45 pm – Beautiful Boy at Jane Pickens Theater
- 5 pm – Hops for Hunger at Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling
- 5:30 pm – Community Discussion on future of Gateway Center
- 6 pm – Scratch Series: Butchering, Brining and Gravy at Newport Vineyards
- 7 pm – Portsmouth High Production of Tartuffe at Portsmouth High School
- 7:30 pm – Can You Ever Forgive Me at Jane Pickens Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?