The Newport Historical Society will be participating in the second annual Museum Store Sunday on November 25, 2018. Deborah O’Connor, silhouette artist, will be at the Museum of Newport History & Shop at 127 Thames Street, Newport, RI from 11am-4pm to make custom silhouettes of you and your loved ones.
A great gift, and a fresh alternative to selfies, each paper silhouette is cut entirely freehand by Deborah O’Connor, not drawn or traced and will cost $30.00. All ages are welcome, and the sitting time required is just five minutes. O’Connor can make a silhouette from a photograph for those who cannot attend in person or for furry friends. The silhouettes will be mounted on white or ivory card stock, individually or in groupings. Traditional oval frames and mattes will also be available to purchase at the shop, during the event.
Reservations for the silhouettes strongly encouraged, which can be made on Eventbrite, eventbrite.com/e/custom- silhouettes-museum-store-sunday-tickets52160810388 or by accessing the reservation page through our website, newporthistory.org.
For more information, visit the Museum of Newport History & Shop at 127 Thames St., which is open daily from 10-5 or call 401-841-8770.
In response to Black Friday and Giving Tuesday, the Museum Store Association created Museum Store Sunday to offer a special shopping experience in museum’s one-of-a-kind stores, showcasing broad assortments of highly curated, mission-specific gifts. You can find out more about Museum Store Sunday at museumstoresunday.org/.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21