(Photo: The Citizens Bank Pell Bridge Run will take place on Sunday morning, more than 3,000 are expected to participate. Photo Credit: Clancy Creative/ Pell Bridge Run)
Newport, RI – Here’s a look at the weather and day ahead in Newport, RI!
- Today – Showers, mainly before 11am. High near 49. Breezy, with a northwest wind 14 to 19 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight – Clear, with a low around 34. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Today – NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft. Showers this morning.
- Tonight – NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt, diminishing to 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature – 55.9 °F
Sun, Moon, Tide:
- The sun rose in Newport at 7:05 am and sunset will be at 5:55 pm.
- The first high tide was at 6:07 am and the next high tide will be at 6:24 pm. The only low tide of the day will be at 11:56 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waxing Gibbous. Moon age is 11 days, lighting is 56%.
Cruise Ship Schedule
- Sunday – Regal Princess (Capacity: 3,560 passengers, 1,346 crew)
- Silver Wind (Capacity: 294 passengers, 208 crew)
Things To Do
- 8 am – Cars & Coffee at Chateau-sur-Mer
- 9 am to 12 pm – Free Daffodil Bulb Give-away! at Easton’s Beach
- 10 am – Fall Open House at IYRS
- 10 am – ALEX AND ANI 14th Birthday Celebration at Alex & Ani
- 11 am – Gooseberry Autumn Artisan Festival
- 11 am – Photographing Stones & Souls in the Common Burying Ground
- 12 pm to 7 pm – Octoberfest By The Beach at Diego’s Barrio Cantina
- 1 pm – Weekend Music Series ft. Briana White at Newport Vineyards
- 2 pm – Escape the Haunted Warehouse Fall Festival at Naval Station Newport
- 2:30 pm, 4:45 pm & 7:30 pm – The Old Man & The Gun at Jane Pickens Theater
- 4 pm – Fall Friend-Raiser at Sail Newport
- 4 pm – Citizens Wing at Ragged Island Brewing
- 6 pm – Sylvia at The Newport Playhouse & Cabaret Restaurant
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Fortress of Nightmares at Historic Fort Adams
- 8 pm – Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
Looking For More Things To Do?
- What’s Up: Things to do in and around Newport this week (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Listings: Live music and entertainment in Newport County (Oct. 16 – 22)
- Visit – What’sUpNewp’s Events Calendar
The Latest From WUN
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’