The Pell Center at Salve Regina University is hosting a special, live taping of Story in the Public Square featuring former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on October 10th where he will discuss his book, Every Day is Extra, and the stories shaping public life in the United States today.
John Kerry will conclude the taping of the episode with Q&A from the audience, be available for a book signing. Student tickets are still available. Tickets for the general public are currently sold out. To reserve tickets (students) or be placed on the waitlist, visit the Pell Center’s Eventbrite page.
Story in the Public Square is an initiative to study, celebrate, and tell stories that matter. Each week hosts Jim Ludes from Salve’s Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy and G. Wayne Miller from the Providence Journal sit down with talented storytellers and scholars to make sense of the narratives shaping public life in the United States.
For more information on Story in the Public Square, visit http://pellcenter.org/story-in-the-public-square/.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)