The Fort Adams Trust announces that noted historian John Weaver II will be providing a free lecture in the Casemates at Historic Fort Adams on the Third System of Coastal Fortifications of which Fort Adams is a significant member. The lecture will commence at 6:30 PM on Thursday, October 4, 2018, and the public is invited. Following the lecture will be a meet and greet with Weaver along with a signing of his recently released second edition of his “A Legacy in Brick and Stone” considered the definitive work of this period when Fort Adams was built starting in 1826 upon completion in 1853.
John Weaver consults with the National Park Service and several state organizations, training staff and volunteers on fortification technology, and gives presentations around the country. He is currently working with Ravelin Films in the production of documentaries about forts of this period of which Fort Adams will be a part of with the release expected for the summer of 2019.
Although the lecture is free of charge, the Trust would appreciate an RSVP for attendees by October 2nd to Rob McCormack at 401-619-5802 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend