Gardeners, bakers, and canners are invited to enter the Home & Garden Competition at the 44th Annual Harvest Fair on September 29th & 30th.
Norman Bird Sanctuary’s Home & Garden Competition is a fun celebration of community and a great opportunity to show off your gardening and cooking prowess and win the coveted blue ribbon.
New to this year’s competition is a Professional Division, which will allow anybody who earns part of their income with their food, flowers, or produce, to enter and compete for a ribbon. This division will join the Amateur and Young Growers (aged 14 and under) divisions.
Produce: Best Single Fruit, Best Single Vegetable, Best Collection, and more.
Flowers: Best Fresh Arrangement, Best Single Rose, Best Sunflower, and more.
Food: Best Apple Pie, Best Jam/Jelly, Best Salsa, Best Cookies/Dessert Bars, and more.
Visit the Harvest Fair website below for a complete list of categories and rules on how to enter.
The event will run 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 29th and Sunday, September 30th.
Learn more and register at NormanBirdSanctuary.org/harvest-fair/
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education