(Pictured: Jazzmeia Horn, Photo: Ken Abrams) With Saturday’s rain seeming like an ancient memory (except for the occasional mud patch), Newport Jazz 2018 concluded on an upbeat note. The performances ranged from traditional jazz to modern funk, with pretty much everything in between.
Day 3 highlights included a beautiful set from singer Jazzmeia Horn, the all-female supergroup Artemis and of course, the funky sounds of George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. It was truly an unforgettable show. Check out our photos below.
Photos by Ken Abrams and Ryan Belmore.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season