Newport Galleries Night 2018 is underway and the season is in high gear at our member galleries, museums and cultural institutions with August Newport Gallery Night on Thursday, August 9th from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
Our popular FREE Summer Guided Walking Art Tours continue for August Newport Gallery Night. And these short, informational tours will run hourly as follows: meeting at 4:00 pm at Thames Glass, 5:00 pm at Spring Bull Gallery, 6:00 pm at Art on Spring and 7:00 pm at Arnold Art Gallery. Tours, which will last about 30-45 minutes, will include information about all of the participating galleries, museums and cultural institutions in each area as well as any other interesting art related stories. The tours will run on Newport Gallery Nights from May through October.
There are exciting new shows at many of the 28 member galleries, museums and cultural institutions including: Atelier, Spring Bull Gallery, DeBlois Gallery, Coastal Contemporary Gallery, and Cory Silken Photography.
If you’re hungry after all these exhibitions, step into one of the 6 restaurants that collaborate with Newport Gallery Organization by providing discounts and specials for Newport Gallery Night visitors! Be sure to ask for a voucher at any of the galleries. Free parking will be available for the night at the Gateway Visitors Center and uptown at the Newport Art Museum.
For more information about Newport Gallery Night, our Free Guided Walking Tours and the Newport Gallery Organization, visit http://www.newportgalleries.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances