If you love fireworks, the remainder of this year is shaping up to please you with several firework displays taking place over Newport.
If you dislike fireworks or have a pet that hates fireworks, hopefully, the following information will be of assistance in preparing you for the displays. For some residents, the number of firework displays are discouraging because of how their dogs or farm animals react to the loud noise from the firework displays. Some residents just want a solid night of sleep and believe the city should limit the number of displays annually.
Certainly, the counter-argument is that firework displays do have a positive impact on the tourism economy. Thousands lined up on the shore for the July 4th display and many more will wait patiently at their favorite restaurant, inn, hotel or spot in Newport to catch the other displays.
We hope whatever side of the fireworks you are on, that this list will at least educate you on when and where to be prepared for them this summer.
Scheduled & Approved 2018 Firework Displays
Saturday, July 21st: These fireworks will be shot off for a private wedding at 145 Harrison Avenue. They are scheduled for 9:30 pm and is expected to be a 15-minute display.
Friday, August 17th: – These fireworks will be shot off from a barge off of the waters of the Cliff Walk opposite of Miramar, 646 Bellevue Avenue. The firework display is expected to last 10 minutes and will take place between 9 pm – 10 pm.
Saturday, August 25th: Navy Base’s Salute To Summer. Fireworks at 9:15 pm.
This story will be updated with more information and firework displays if necessary.
All firework displays are obviously dependent on the weather and subject to change. More firework displays may be added as they are submitted to Newport City Council and approved, this list will be updated if more are added.
Past Scheduled Displays In 2018
Saturday, April 28th: This fireworks display was shot off from a barge off of Castle Hill.
Monday, June 11th: These fireworks were scheduled to be shot off from a barge off of Ocean Avenue.
Saturday, June 30th: These fireworks were shot off from a barge off of the coast of Belle Mer.
Wednesday, July 4th: City of Newport’s Fireworks Display, shot off from the North Lawn of Fort Adams State Park at 9:30 pm.
Saturday, July 14th: These fireworks were shot off from a barge off of the coast of Belle Mer.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now