Last fall, the Newport Art Museum proudly hosted the Newport String Project’s Season Opening concert. The Museum is delighted to welcome them back for a festive close to their fifth season at the Season Finale Concert in the galleries of the historic N.A. Griswold House on Sunday, June 3, at 2pm. The Newport Art Museum is located at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI. Visitnewportartmuseum.org or call 401-848-8200 for details.
In celebration of their fifth year of building community through chamber music, the project’s first ensemble-in-residence, the Newport String Quartet, will present a sublimely lyrical program of string quartets by Beethoven and Borodin, alongside some irresistibly lovely arrangements of Danish folk tunes. Project directors and violinists EmmaLee Holmes-Hicks and Ealain McMullin will be joined by Ashley Frith on viola and Jaime Feldman on cello.
The Newport String Project has become a firm favorite for concert goers in Rhode Island and beyond. With its commitment to performing chamber music masterworks alongside rarely heard works by under-represented composers, the project seeks to create dynamic and accessible concert experiences for all.
Learn more about the Newport String Project’s mission and community-based youth mentoring programs at newportstringproject.org.
Museum Members: $10
Newport String Project Supporters: $30
All tickets include admission to the Museum.
Advance reservations recommended. Visit newportartmuseum.org for event details and to purchase tickets.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13