12 Meter Charters is currently seeking a crew member for a seasonal day, charter boat in Newport. 12 Meter class yacht, former America’s Cup racer.
Compensation: hourly pay plus gratuities
Schedule varies – 30-40+ hours per week.
Now through October 31.
Must have a sailing experience and background (good working knowledge), have excellent customer service skills, be dependable and entertaining. The position includes (but is not limited to):
Passenger interaction including giving narration on the area (estates, islands, lighthouses…).
Entertaining and conversing with guests.
On time, professional and eager to spend the summer/fall taking guests out sailing.
Actively participating in the sailing of the vessel.
Washing, cleaning, and general maintenance.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune