Lila Delman Real Estate has announced that 36 Whittier Road in Jamestown has sold for $1.5 million. Bob Bailey, Manager of Lila Delman’s Jamestown office, and Benjamin Thomas, Sales Associate, represented the seller.
“The sale of 36 Whittier Road in the Shoreby Hill neighborhood of Jamestown shows continued demand for classic design details of the early 1900s along with pastoral and scenic views of the Jamestown Golf Course,” commented Bob Bailey in a prepared statement.
This c.1927 Shoreby Hill grand summer cottage was designed by D.E Sullivant of New York for Miss Sarah W. Cresswell. Measuring 3,566 square feet across three levels, the home has six bedrooms, 5 baths, and a two-car detached garage. The home was fully renovated, retaining the original charm and character of the 1920’s but with modern day amenities.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13