Following the false missile alarm, it’s been absolute chaos in Hawaii.
Patrick Murphy, a Newport native, a contributor to What’s Up Newp, the founder of The Kings Lens And Friends and (at least for this winter) a winter resident of Hawaii, called in to What’s Up Newp Radio Edition on WADK 1540AM recently to take us through what life was like that day in Hawaii, what it’s been like during these days after, and what he and others learned and walked away from it all with.
Sam, a former resident of Newport, bartender at Fastnet Pub and pedicabber, also called into the program from Hawaii to share his thoughts and feeling about the entire scenario.
Tune into What’sUpNewp Radio Edition with Ryan Belmore every weekday at 1 pm on AM 1540 WADK. It’s where to get the scoop on what’s happening, new and to do in Newport County and across Rhode Island. Special guests, interviews, entertainment, commentary and more make this a can’t-miss hour of live and local radio.
The Latest From WUN
- Concert Recap and Photos: Jake Blount at Common Fence Music (October 16, 2021)
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve