Whether you’re far away from home and can’t make it back or just to prefer to eat out and keep it simple on Thanksgiving, the following restaurants offer you a warm welcome to join them for dinner….
Tip – scroll down to see what bars are open on Thanksgiving evening.
1. Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking has Thanksgiving covered with three sensational ways to enjoy a bountiful holiday feast. Family and friends can order a complete dinner for take-out, dine in One Bellevue and order of an a la carte menu, or indulge in the sprawling buffet.
Thanksgiving Day Buffet:
Thursday, Nov 23, 2017 – Noon and 2 PM seating times – Indulge in a decadent Thanksgiving Day feast served in the Viking Ballroom. The buffet features soups, salads, a raw bar, carving stations and all of the traditional delights. Price: $89 per adults, $34 children, $79 seniors. Reservations are highly recommended.
Hotel Viking’s Prix-Fixe Sit-Down Thanksgiving Dinner:
Thursday, Nov 23, 2017 – 4 PM – 9 PM – Savor an intimate Thanksgiving dining experience at One Bellevue restaurant at Hotel Viking. A 3-course prix fixe menu is prepared a la carte style by Chef Simone Ferrara. Price: $69 inclusive of tax and gratuity.
Thanksgiving To Go:
Nov 23, 2017 – 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm pick up times – Thanksgiving dinner hot and ready to enjoy, and the only work you have to do is drive over and pick up curbside.
To make reservations or order Thanksgiving to-go, call 401-848-4824.
Dine in style and trade in your turkey at Italian hotspot, Scarpetta while overlooking the resort’s 22-slip marina. Offering a prix-fixe Thanksgiving menu ($75/person) this Thanksgiving, diners can choose from started like raw yellowtail or butternut squash soup; pumpkin and ricotta ravioli or American Red Snapper as a main; and of course it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a roasted Heritage turkey breast with cipollini onion, heirloom carrot, haricot verts and cranberry mostarda to make you feel right at home.
For any inquiries or reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.851.3325
Give thanks during this holiday season with a specially-crafted Thanksgiving meal and feast by the sea at 22 Bowen’s. Reservations recommended, call
Castle Hill will offer a seasonal Thanksgiving Buffet Dinner complete with all of the traditional favorites. Buffet reservations are available from 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm and the cost is $78 for adults and $28 for children under 12. Reservations recommended, call 401-849-3800. View the Menu.
Clarke Cooke House will offer their famous turkey dinner from 12 pm to 9 pm. A la carte items also available. Reservations recommended, call
Head to The Mooring for seasonal specials and a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner on the Newport Waterfront. Reservations recommended, call
Chef Thomas Duffy will present a distinctive interpretation of a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Reservations recommended, by calling 401-847-2244.
Enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at America’s Oldest Restaurant! See The Menu. Reservations recommended, call 401-849-3600.
Start a new tradition and head to the newly constructed Atlantic Resort Newport for their 2nd Annual Thanksgiving Buffett. Seatings are between 11 am – 3 p.m. and reservations are recommended. Cost for adults is $21.95 and $11.95 for children under 10.
North End Steakhouse at the Mainstay Hotel and Conference Center will be serving up their Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 am to 3 pm on Thursday, November 23rd. Cost for adults is $19.95, $9.95 for children under 12 and children 3 years old and under eat free. For reservations, call 401-849-9880
11. The Pier Restaurant
The Pier usually offers a Thanksgiving Day 3-Course Prix Fixe Dinner. Cost last year was $18.95 for adults and $8.95 for children. Reservations recommended.
Bay Voyage will be offering a buffet dinner from 11:30 am to 4 pm. Price is $45/adults, $20/kids under 13. Reservations recommended.
Looking to get out of the house today and grab a drink with family or friends? Here’s what bars are open around Newport on Thanksgiving night.
- 22 Bowens: Open regular hours.
- Benjamins: Open at 5 pm.
- Buskers: Open at 7 pm.
- Clarke Cooke House: Open, serving food until 9 pm.
- Fastnet Pub: Open at 5 pm.
- IYAC: Typically open at 6:30 pm.
- O’Brien’s Pub: Typically open at 8 pm.
- Pour Judgment: Open at 5 pm.
- Tavern On Broadway: Open at 2 pm, dinner being served from 4 pm to 10 pm.
- The Mooring: Open 12 pm – 8 pm.
- Vanderbilt Grace: Bar open until 10 pm.
- White Horse Tavern: Bar open from 11 am to 7 pm.
Did we miss a restaurant? That sometimes happens, let us know by e-mailing Ryan@whatsupnewp.com.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson