The inaugural Live Local Music & Arts Festival celebrated the art and culture that defines Newport and Rhode Island as a whole on Thursday, August 3rd on the lawn of Great Friends Meeting House.
Live Local gave the hundreds that came out to the festival a first-hand look at what it means to be a Newport local through art, music, food, history and more.
The event was presented by The Kings Lens And Friends and Mission NPT.
For more information and future event updates, visit www.livelocalnpt.com.
All photos via Patrick Murphy, for The King Lens & Friends/What’sUpNewp.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill